LINDT’S DECADENT CHOCOLATE PANCAKE RECIPE
As if you needed any more reason to be excited that it’s Friday, this particular Friday also happens to be World Chocolate Day! What better excuse to indulge in something a little bit naughty this weekend?
If you’re in need of inspiration, the master chocolatiers at Lindt have developed this rich chocolate pancake recipe for Sydney’s annual Festival of Chocolate in the Rocks, which for two days in August brings together Australia’s most talented pastry chefs, chocolatiers and ice creameries to showcase their signature chocolate and desserts. If you ask us, there’s no finer way to quell those chocolate cravings, and this recipe is just a teaser of the deliciousness to come!
Servings: 8-10 depending on size
Preparation Time: 15 – 30 minutes
115g Plain flour
10g Quality cocoa powder
1tsp Baking powder
40g Crème Fraîche
80g Lindt DESSERT Premium Dark, melted
Butter for frying
Optional Chocolate Crème Filling
You can find Lindt’s recipe for a delicious chocolate crème in the Zeppole recipe here.
Serving tip: Go ultra-decadent with a scoop of double chocolate ice cream or add some caramelised bacon.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
2. Add the crème fraîche and the egg.
3. Combine the milk and the chocolate, creating a smooth ganache.
4. Add to the rest of the mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. To cook, place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with a little butter and place batter into pan (about a tablespoon for a small pancake)
6. Flip and cook through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
7. If serving with crème, generously fill pancakes, stack them up and serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Still craving chocolate? Join the Lindt Master Chocolatier and smoothfm at the smooth Festival of Chocolate. Sat 12 and Sun 13 August 10am – 6pm daily, The Rocks.
© 2017 The Home