5 UNEXPECTED WAYS TO USE WALLPAPER
We all love wallpaper, it can completely transform a room. Have you ever thought about using it anywhere other than on the wall? Paula Taylor, Graham & Brown’s Design and Trends Expert, has provided 5 unexpected ways you can use wallpaper:
- Stair Risers: Stairways are often ignored and unloved as they are a means to getting somewhere else and not a place to linger. With a little bit of effort however, they can look really beautiful. Using wallpaper livens up the forlorn and creates a conversation piece, which will intrigue your guests. When wallpapering stair risers, either stick with one pattern, or create a hotchpotch of pattern and colour.
2. The ceiling: Along with the stairs, the ceiling is another commonly overlooked area when decorating. The truth is, a beautifully patterned wall above you can create a mesmerising interior impact. Don’t be daunted by thinking it will be a hard task, Graham & Brown’s ‘paste the wall’ technology means that this can be created with ease – so it’s time to stop neglecting the ceiling.
3. Door Panels: Wallpapering your door panels are a great way to add a little colour and pattern to a room. Adding wallpaper to the panels creates a picture frame around the pattern, changing it from a simple door, to a piece of art.
4. Lampshades: You can apply wallpaper to either the inside or outside of lampshades (or both!) creating a truly customised coordinated feel to your mood lighting.
5. Decoupage: (Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing paper cut-outs onto it). This is a great way to reuse wallpaper and create stunning bespoke pieces of furniture. It can reinvent tired old pieces or liven up new inexpensive furniture and recreate something completely new and beautiful. For more information please go to Graham and Brown.
You may also like:
© 2019 The Home