LIGHTS AND HOW THEY TRANSFORM SPACES
Lighting is important for any space and to help us navigate through all the intricate details we asked Kendal Hodgman from Ivory & Deene for some one on one time to discuss.
1. What role does lighting play in transforming the look and feel of a room?
Lighting is one of the most important aspects of a room as it creates the ambience; both the style and colour can translate to modern, vintage, fresh or warm. Change the light, change the room.
2. Are there any rules as to how many pendants you should have in a room? Their size? Should you mix with down lights?
There is definitely no rule, pendant lights look amazing both minimal and in clusters. Down lights can lessen the effects of pendants light but can work well if they are lighting different areas, for instance, pendant lights over a
dining table and down lights in the outer room look great!
3. Tell us about the importance of globes? Choosing warm, soft, vintage. What role do they play in transforming a pendant?
Globes create the ambience and feel of a room, for a Scandinavian style home, cool white globes will fit perfectly. For a vintage home, warm white globes create that heritage feel.
4. What’s the number one rule in choosing lighting for a room with existing furniture?
Decide what the room is missing and use the lighting selection to fill the gap. If a room is crowded or already filled with character, minimal lighting is perfect.
5. Does choosing warm globes actually make a room feel warmer?
Yes. Warm globes create softer tones and if you live in a cool climate we recommend warm globes to create that cosy living space.
6. What do you believe will be the latest trends coming into this Summer?
Matte gold and copper lighting finishes.
7. How do you pick a cheap pendant? What should buyers be looking for in terms of quality?
Pendant lights can be both affordable and great quality, if your on a budget and selecting cheap pendant lights, ensure there are no warnings about the globes getting too heated and not to touch when in use, this is an immediate tell of bad quality. Also choose a light made of good materials such as metal and glass rather than plastic.
You may also like:
© 2018 The Home