LEMON & HERB BUTTERFLIED CHICKEN ON THE COB
When it comes to direct grilling, the juices of your protein dripping down onto charcoal creates this dimension of flavourful smoke that infuses into your chicken and provides a tantalising juicy, re seared flavour that you just can’t get from gas or an oven. Charmate Lump Charcoal is a great fuel for this type of cooking. Try out this recipe and hear your kids call you a BBQ master after they try it.
PREP TIME | 10 minutes
COOK TIME | 45 minutes
SERVES | 4
FUEL | Lumpwood 5kg Charcoal
BEST COOKED ON | Cob Barrel BBQ & Smoker
1 butterflied chicken
Equagold Himalayan Salt and Cracked Pepper
- Fire up a chimney of Charmate Lump Charcoal.
- Finely chop up your herbs.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides the chicken.
- Season both sides of the chicken with herbs and salt and pepper.
- Set your charcoal grate to its lowest level.
- When the lump charcoal is ashed over evenly spread your lump charcoal across a third of the charcoal grate.
- Place your chicken, skin-side-down on the grill directly over the coals for 10 to 15 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Cut lemons in half and grill flesh side down until slightly charred.
- Place lemons on resting rack flesh side up.
- Turn chicken over and place directly over grill until breast is at an internal temperature of 75°C and thigh is at 77°C.
- Squeeze lemon half over chicken, flip chicken again and squeeze another lemon half over the skin of the chicken.
- Serve with whatever you think goes well with chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Que Tang Clan
© 2019 The Home